The section of the Monongahela River flowing between the River Towns is a popular place for canoes, kayaks, motor boats, and jet skis.
Many of the region’s tributaries, while too shallow for motorized boats, provide tranquil opportunities for paddling. Click the links below for more information on boat launches and marinas, paddling trips, and guidance on navigating locks and dams.
Water Trail Maps
Download the following maps and guides for river related information:
- Mid Mon Map North
- Mid Mon Map South
- Upper Mon Sites
- Three Rivers Water Trail Lower Mon River
- The hardest working river in America – Book Link
- Monongahela River Guide – Middle Section from Fredericktown to McKeesport
- Story Map Tour – Created by Ann and Jerry Steketee and Mary Wimmer, members of Morgantown Area Paddlers (MAP)
- Map of the Mon River Towns
- Relief Map of the Mon River Towns
- Three Rivers Water Trail (Lower Mon River)
- Mid -Mon River Map
For more information view our resources section.
If you are interested in paddling the Monongahela River with a group of dynamic and energetic paddlers, you should contact:
Organizer, Morgantown Area Paddlers (MAP)
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Morgantown-Area-Paddlers-755677667911876/
And view photos from the group’s 90 paddles on the Mon River .